10 Real Estate Markets to Watch
Inman News recently released its second annual report on the “10 Real Estate Markets to Watch in 2012”. The report gives a glimmer of hope to the real estate industry by identifying ten markets that are showing signs of recovering quicker than others across the nation.
Inman News’ list was formulated based on several determining factors and metrics, including:
- Above-average price appreciation
- Flourishing job market
- High rate of sales in proportion to population
- High level of home affordability
- Low foreclosure activity
- Below-average share of distressed sales
- Low vacancy rate
Markets in theMidwestand South regions make up the majority of this year’s list. In particular, Inman News suggests the following markets could turn things around this year:
- Raleigh-Cary,North Carolina
- Rochester,New York
- Des Moines-WestDes Moines,Iowa
- Binghamton,New York
- Waterloo-Cedar Falls,Iowa
What are you seeing?
Inman News has created their list, but we want to know what you think. Is your market showing signs of improvement, too? Or do you regularly work with other markets that meet the factors listed above? Share your observations with us!